Old 04-25-2010, 01:54 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Pizza Stretching Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwood View Post
Great vid, I realized what I was doing wrong in stretching my dough. Thanks
Yes, agreed ... keen to give that method a go - hopefully tomorrow as it's a public holiday here. I've seen it used pretty widely in a lot of the pizza places and definitely looks like it is better than a lot of the other methods I've seen, including ones I current use.
Old 04-25-2010, 07:54 AM
Apprentice

That was fun to watch, I think I am close! LOL
Old 04-25-2010, 03:31 PM
Apprentice

You have done well Rossco....I am only managing to do the 'stretch over the knuckles' teq. May be doing pizzas this arvo so will have to try it this way. I bet its harder than it looks though!
Old 04-25-2010, 04:03 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

When I worked at pizzerias, I threw dough, but for the size pizzas I cook in my oven, it is all about punching it out on the table, nothing in the air.
Old 04-25-2010, 04:37 PM
Master Builder

I speak fluent Japanese, but I need to learn to do the slap..... ..

Nice videos.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Weber 22-OTG / Ugly Drum Smoker / 34" WFO
Old 04-25-2010, 05:04 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottz View Post
You have done well Rossco....I am only managing to do the 'stretch over the knuckles' teq. May be doing pizzas this arvo so will have to try it this way. I bet its harder than it looks though!
Hi Scott,

The "knuckles" technique I found difficult to control the speed at which the doughstretched leading to thin spots. Did you experience a similar problem?

I am also looking at a few starter pizzas and some BBQd chicken and boerewors in the WFO today. Just about to start with some "slapping"

Keen to see pics of your banquet - perfect weather for cooking!!

BTW I'm waiting for word from my academic supervisor today and hope to receive news of the final signoff of my thesis. There may be some big celebrations happening later today! Nervous....
Old 05-29-2010, 04:15 PM
Serf

I think that must have been compressed yeast at the beginning, not biga. Not enough biga to make a differnece in flavor, and looks like a good amount of yeast for that amount of dough.
Old 05-30-2010, 05:37 AM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by heliman View Post
Hi Scott,

The "knuckles" technique I found difficult to control the speed at which the doughstretched leading to thin spots. Did you experience a similar problem?
I was at first Rossco, but I started stretching it over the knuckles then stretching it on the bench and it worked out great! Only problem is my lovely wife (after spending months getting the dough right and stretching problems) tells me the base is nice...but I like it thin and crispy...can you use the rolling pin for me . I tried the slapping teq. like the guy on the vid...but I did two things.......looked like a dick (sorry) and ripped my dough in half . Will stick to what I know I think LOL.

Scott
Old 05-30-2010, 07:04 AM
Master Builder

My dough stretching skills are improving. I caught the first glimpse of what I was doing wrong in the video. Then Raffy during our visit really helped me out. What I was doing was trying to stretch from inside out. This is wrong. You stretch at the edge circumferentialy while maintaining bead around the edge. Also, flipping the dough over frequently also helps, plenty of flour on the surface so the dough slides around easily. Still need a lot of practice. John
Old 07-06-2010, 10:06 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

I ran into a problem last night with the dough being to "elastic". It was extremely hard for it to stay in shape. This has happened a little in the past but not near as bad as last night. I read that adding oil will help with this. I am using the FB recipe and oil is not added. Any suggestions?

Les...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.