Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/)
-   Pizza (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f10/)
-   -   Pizza Spinner (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f10/pizza-spinner-18554.html)

Oven_Man 10-26-2012 01:09 PM

Pizza Spinner

Hi Guys

I've been looking up methods on Hand Forming dough and came across this nifty piece of equipment to spin pizza dough without actually using your hands.

SPZ40 Pizza Spreader

I couldn't find any reviews about the machine and whether it can actually be compared and equated to that of hand forming/tossing/spinning method.

Has anyone had experience or heard of the pros and cons of such a machine. I'm so curious to know whether it produces the same delicate, tender crust as a hand tossed pie.

Looking forward to hearing from you guys out there.
Thanks
Regards
OM

Laurentius 10-26-2012 01:45 PM

Re: Pizza Spinner

Now, why would you want to go and get that? Think of all of the dough you could buy, from the dough you save, from not buy that. Just another cookie cutter.

Ken524 10-27-2012 08:24 AM

It would be great if you ran a high-volume pizza restaurant with a shortage of skilled workers (Pizza Hut, Shakey's, Papa Johns, etc).

Home use? Huge waste. You're better off spending the money on a small commercial dough mixer.

Faith In Virginia 10-27-2012 08:52 AM

The video came up as "Private" would have been interested to see it work. Univex is a very good brand of commercial baking products. But I'll bet the price is huge...like in the thousands not hundreds. Yup... just looked it up $5,511 on amazon. Talk about driving up the cost of a pizza.

Learn to hand toss, it's not difficult. They even make practice dough that you can spin around and drop on the floor until you get the hang of it.

Lburou 10-27-2012 06:59 PM

I wonder how I have lived so long without one of those? ;)

Laurentius 10-27-2012 10:28 PM

I know, I know (hand raised, shaking and shanking), call on me teacher, please.
Lburou: Ok, ok, Laurentius. Why?
Laurentius (big, smile) Your Wife!

Oven_Man 10-27-2012 11:27 PM

Hi Guys
It took a lot of courage to start this thread because I know nothing has been developed yet to com close to the hand forming method :p

I have to agree - the $5000+ price tag is quite hefty for home use but for interest sake I'd like to see a write up comparing the hand forming method against this machine, the sheet roller and the press.

Maybe 1 day I may have my own pizzeria ;) who knows :D then I would be interested in something like this.

Ken524 10-28-2012 03:23 PM

No worries, Oven Man! We're just having fun.
If you asked about one of these, you might have been kicked off the forum!

http://wonderpizzausa.com/gallery/distrib.jpg

Faith In Virginia 10-28-2012 05:01 PM

Yes Oven Man...we are not picking on you just having fun with the equipment and gadgets available.

Now Ken....OMG what can I say...YUCK... I just did up a nice dinner of crapes and I must say when your picture came up it made my stomach flip. I can just taste the culinary delight that would come from that machine.

"Wonder pizza", is that because you wonder if what comes out is even pizza?

Aegis 11-01-2012 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faith In Virginia (Post 141239)
Yes Oven Man...we are not picking on you just having fun with the equipment and gadgets available.

Now Ken....OMG what can I say...YUCK... I just did up a nice dinner of crapes and I must say when your picture came up it made my stomach flip. I can just taste the culinary delight that would come from that machine.

"Wonder pizza", is that because you wonder if what comes out is even pizza?

Faith, Did you do the crapes in the oven?

Ken, where in this world did you get that pic? Or was it from Pluto?