Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/)
-   Pizza (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f10/)
-   -   Pizza Party April 26th (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f10/pizza-party-april-26th-3679.html)

Acoma 03-31-2008 06:53 PM

Pizza Party April 26th

I would like to host a Pizza Party for my forum friends. I am happy to do it April 26th. It will be great to see some of us gather for a fun afternoon.
Robert

Frances 04-01-2008 05:47 AM

Re: Pizza Party April 26th

Oh, I'd love to (as usual) ...sigh...

Well, I just hope lots of you people go over to Acoma's and have a great time there! And I hope Acoma posts a few more pictures than Inishta did of his pizza party... ;)

Inishta 04-01-2008 11:21 PM

Frances.............I am cut to the quick..............Next time.........:o :o

:cool:

Acoma 04-25-2008 04:54 PM

Tomorrow is the day. Lots of delicious sauce, with dough and oven ready. For those to be here, you will enjoy. For those that could not come, well......

MENU

Drinks:
Samuel Adams pale ale.
Red Wine.
Bibita Naturale D'italia soda. Various flavors.

Appatizer:
Pasta Prima- grilled chicken and mozzarella ravioli

Salad:
My mother in law makes the most memorable taco salad which may compete with my pizzas.

Main Course:
We will have basil, peperoni, mozzarella, provolone, peppers, sausage, mushrooms, onion, and garlic.

Dessert:
Chocolate chunks (white and dark), bananas, strawberries, and Nutella. All for the dessert pizzas.

Dutchoven 04-25-2008 08:31 PM

Hmmm...sounds really good...now if I could have just been a little closer to Reno....DANG!
Good luck and have fun!
Dutch

gjbingham 04-25-2008 09:32 PM

Robert,
Thank you very much for the wonderful invitation. I sure wish I could come. The baseball schedule keeps us here unfortunately. I hope you have a great evening. Let us know how it turns out. The menu sounds scrumptious.
George

james 04-25-2008 10:44 PM

Robert,
Have a great time. We just got back from the fund raiser here; boring -- I wish we had driven your way for some great pizza!

Enjoy all.
James

Frances 04-26-2008 01:29 AM

Sounds great!

Have lots of fun!! (and don't forget the pics :))

sarah h 04-26-2008 06:11 AM

Have a great party, Robert!
(Hope the quakes don't interfere)
We who can't attend will expect lots of photos!

Acoma 04-30-2008 11:14 AM

Well, the party went smooth. We unfortunately were unable to do photos due to time management being poor on my part. I was victim of oven duties. The guests were quite please with the pizzas and appetizers. Everyone was able to mingle, and no little groups formed. Unfortunately, some that had committed to showing up were in the end, no shows. These are of course people that will not be invited to future gatherings. My feelings are that it shows no respect. Dusty showed up with his lovely wife, and they appeared to have much fun. It is appreciative to see Dusty drive 2 hours to enjoy some pizza. Thank you. James, thank you for your generosity as well, and we wish you could have joined too.

I believe that from now on the best idea is to have someone else manage the oven for larger parties, which would be nice. My wife shares this idea being that she says I am never truly seen outside the oven area. Right Dusty?

Well, I am happy with the ovens performance throughout.