Old 09-29-2008, 09:11 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Peel Issues

We jiggle our peel every 30 seconds or so while building the pizza to make darn sure it easily slides around. When it does stick, a little lifting of the crust and some flour usually takes care of it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Updated!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 09-29-2008, 09:26 AM
Apprentice

I've had best success with a wood peel with flour rubbed into it than anything. Going on close to 30 pies in a row without one open faced calzone. I also imploy the jiggle method during assembly and pay close attention to cleaning up any sauce drips on the peel. One little spec of sauce and its end over end into the coals.
Old 11-03-2012, 06:24 PM
Serf

Order of ingredients that seems to work for me.

Sauce, which for me is finely diced tomatoes only, per the Neapolitan pizza code.

Anything already cooked or that does not need cooking

Cheeses

Anything that needs cooking, like raw meats or raw veggies
Old 11-30-2012, 08:29 AM
Apprentice

get a cheap egg slicer from the kitchen store and slice the mozarella balls.. works great.. rice flour on the peel..
Old 12-06-2012, 12:37 PM
Serf

I guess I would let the pizza cook its normal time, then just before pulling it, I would raise the peel into the dome area where it is super hot and hold it there until the egg cooked. How long would it take at 1000 degrees????? This is how I finish my pizzas because we like really bubbly browned cheese!!!
Old 12-06-2012, 04:00 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiley View Post
So does anyone know how they cook the egg in the center of the pizza? There's obviously a technique that they use that once one knows it, it is not a problem....anyone witness it being done?

Wiley
Gudday
Tomato sauce bacon then shredded cheese, the break the egg in your hand breaking the yolk . Let it flow through you fingers and soak into the cheese layer
Breakfast of champions!
Regards dave

My Build

My Door

Old 12-09-2012, 12:47 PM
Apprentice

Quick shakes of the peel usually work for me. The air-blow method only works if you are making pizzas for family & not friends. Just the sight of spitting saliva breath may cause guests to kringe. I was also introduced to the "smack" method. Take the peel and smack it on the counter flat and it usually loosens the dough. Toppings falling off....yes, I've experienced that as well. Usually the angle of the transfer dictate whether you are going to lose toppings. If your dough is sticking, that will contribute to topping loss. I won't say that the more pizzas that you make the easier it will become, but you'll be able to identify the times when your dough is sticking to the peel, then you'll know how to handle it and adjust accordingly.