Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Quest with Peter Reinhart > Pizza

View Poll Results: Have you ever hired a pizza chef for a party
Yes, it was great. I could talk with my guests 0 0%
Yes, but it really didn't work out 0 0%
No, I like doing it all myself 12 85.71%
No, I make my best friend do it 1 7.14%
No, but I think I am going to do it next time 1 7.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2008, 02:05 PM
Apprentice

Default Re: Have you ever hired a pizza chef?

If you want to visit with the guests, I think hiring a chef is a good idea fine. What has worked for me giving parties for 14 or less is to have appetizers on hand when guests arrive, and then start making the pizzas. Instead of making individual pizzas, I make a large pizza, cut it into small pieces, and let a guest pass it around. Usually I get several guests who want to try making a pizza and then they make and pass around what they have created. But even with that it is a challenge to cook and visit. On "practice" nights I have very good friends over and put them to work....we don't worry about visiting....we just cook, eat, and critique!

I also have a few pieces of "ThrowDough" around for people (esp teens) to practice throwing the dough. It adds to the fun. I ordered it online.
Old 04-23-2008, 02:47 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Have you ever hired a pizza chef?

I had a party for 15 and ended up at the oven doing the pizzas. Guests felt intimidated by the heat. The guests ended up inside having a blast getting to know each other.
This time will be 40-50 people. I will have some returning guests, some will have fun with the oven, and all will share in their pizzas. I hope to have it be where I minimize time at the oven. These pizzas only take 90+ seconds, and you can do 2-3 at a time. And with 3-4 peels, wala, the ovens are a churn and burn fun time. Manning the hearth temp is creative with many pizzas too. I might get drunk at the oven Na.....

Acoma's Tuscan:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.