Old 02-19-2009, 05:05 PM
Journeyman

Default Re: Deep Dish Chicago Style Pizza

Hooray! I can't wait to see the pictures of the finished pizzas. I'm getting really hungry!
Old 02-19-2009, 06:55 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

aw, looking at the picture I thought it was a mickey mouse shaped pan...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-20-2009, 07:44 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by egalecki View Post
aw, looking at the picture I thought it was a mickey mouse shaped pan...
Me too!

Let us know how they turn out Ken!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My costs:

My pics:

Old 02-22-2009, 06:49 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Yummy .

We cooked (Chicago Style?) Pan Pizza last night. The weather was ugly and I didn't feel like doing the WFO thing so we cooked them inside @ 350F (sorry, I'm hanging my head in shame, but the pizza was good anyway!).

We did 3 pies. A 10" cheese-only (we have little kids). A 10" spinach/artichoke/onion. The 14" was half Italian sausage/pineapple and half supreme (sausage, pepperoni, bell peppers, mushrooms, onion). Sauce was on top on all three (that worked great).

All the pies were loaded to the brim with cheese. Early on we realized we were not going to have enough Mozz, so we dug out some leftover bags of Monterrey jack and chedder to mix in. These things take a ton of cheese. If you plan on making them, buy double of what you think you'll need .

I pretty much followed Master Dave's advice (posted above). 350grams of dough in the 10" pans and the remaining 500 or so grams in the 14" pan. Rolling the dough worked great.

The conventional oven took about 45-50 minutes to get it all cooked (I think the WFO will be faster). After they were done, I let them sit for 10 minutes to let the cheese "set" a bit. Then we gobbled them up. There was a ton of leftovers so we had more for lunch today.

A cool idea for a big pizza party would be to do the standard pizzas in the WFO while a few Chicago's are cooking inside.

We'll definitely be doing this again.
Attached Thumbnails
Deep Dish Chicago Style Pizza-img_3601.jpg   Deep Dish Chicago Style Pizza-img_3602.jpg   Deep Dish Chicago Style Pizza-img_3603.jpg   Deep Dish Chicago Style Pizza-img_3606.jpg   Deep Dish Chicago Style Pizza-img_3611.jpg  

Updated!

Old 02-22-2009, 06:50 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

One last pic. This is the spinach/artichoke.
Attached Thumbnails
Deep Dish Chicago Style Pizza-img_3614.jpg  

Updated!

Old 02-23-2009, 10:05 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Looks great!

Funny part.. I cooked mine in my regular oven last night too!

lol

My costs:

My pics:

Old 02-23-2009, 11:43 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by asudavew View Post
Funny part.. I cooked mine in my regular oven last night too!
Who needs a pizza oven?!?

I really, really can't wait for spring so we can do some serious outdoor cookery!

Updated!

Old 02-24-2009, 07:53 AM
Laborer

Ditto. It's still too cold in CT. to cook outside. Spring is coming>
Old 09-22-2011, 08:44 AM
Laborer

I am going to try this in my WFO tonight.

I am doing one thing different, I learned from doing some work for Pizza Hut, that you must proof the dough in the pan with the oil. You only need partially roll it out before putting it in the pan. Once the dough proofs in the pan you just push it the rest of the way with your fingers. Proofing the dough this way sucks up the oil, if you don't do that you will have a pool of oil that stays in the bottom of your pan and the pizza doesnt bake right and crust will be fimlsy.