Laborer

Default Re: burning crust in my primavera 70

Here is some video of my primavera 60
YouTube - WOOD FIRED OVEN PIZZA PART ONE FORNO BRAVO GALANTINO PRIMAVERA 60
YouTube - GALANTINO WOOD FIRED OVEN PIZZA PART TWO FORNO BRAVO PRIMAVERA 60
Old 07-26-2009, 08:31 AM
Apprentice

Thanks ,I have watched your video many times!! Are you a distributor for forno bravo? The primavera 60 should be a great seller it's priced right and it is built solid .As this wood fired pizza movement grows i think this little oven will become very popular . The 70 requires more handling and it is not quite as convenient but i like the extra cooking area.
Old 07-26-2009, 08:39 AM
Apprentice

i have better luck with a eight hour room temp bulk rise .i cut and kneed each ball about one hour before baking. it relaxes and has a more bread dough look to it,rises up not out. when i do a 48 hour cold rise the dough spreads when it rises and becomes very sticky much harder to work with. but,i think i have to master it to get the softer less chewy pizza crust. thanks for your input.
Old 07-26-2009, 09:09 AM
Laborer

Z

My dough is definately a soft dough and tender when cooked. Following the Forno Bravo recipe for ingerdients I add all the dry ingredients to my bosch universal mixer. I then add the water and let the mixer do its thing for 6 minutes. I then put the dough in a large cambro food storage container with the snap on lid.
Cambro RFS6 6 Qt. Round White Food Storage Container

I put the dough in the fridge for a 24 hour bulk rise.
After the bulk rise I remove the dough from the fridge and make it into 280 gram dough balls and place in my dough pans with lids for another 24 hours in the fridge.
8" Round Stacking Dough Pan

The day of cooking I take my dough out of the fridge when I start my fire. By the time the oven is ready--about an hour +---my dough is at a nice temp. to start making pizza. I have a large bowl with tipo 00 in it that I drop the dough ball out of the dough pan into and then flip over to get flour on both sides of my dough. I then transter into wooden peel for stretching. The dough stretches very easily and is tender. Then top and into oven.