Roast and serve this dish in individual terracotta dishes; it is authentic, and it looks great on the table.
- 1/2 cup good quality olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves very thinly sliced
- 1 small fresh red chili seeded and chopped
- About half lb of raw Prawns, peeled
- Sea salt
- 2 Tbs of chopped fresh parsley
- Lemon wedges
- Bread to serve
Fire your oven, and make sure it is still hot with a good flame. Heat the olive oil in the individual terracotta dishes.
Add garlic and chili and cook for 1 to 2 minutes making sure that they do not burn.
Add the prawns, sprinkle with salt, and cook for a further 2 to 3 minutes at a brisk pace.
Stir in the parsley.
Serve quickly so that the prawns are still sizzling in the cooking juices.
Serve with bread and lemon wedges.
Originally posted at: http://www.fornobravo.com/brick_oven_cooking/brick_oven_recipes/appetizers/pil-pil_prawns.html