web analytics
Fire Brick dealers in Maryland - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Photo Galleries are back! Instructions below.

Dear forum users,
Thank you for your patience with the Photo galleries. We've got your galleries online!
We have finished writing a custom script to migrate the PhotoPlog to vBulletin5’s albums.

Unfortunately V-Bulletin killed the "Photoplogs" in their software upgrade which was unforeseen and we're the first development group to have written a script for getting the galleries back... that said, it took some time to reverse engineer the code and get the albums to move over seamlessly!

Forum users will be able to access their “PhotoPlog” images through their user profile page by clicking on the “Media” tab.
They will also be able to browse other albums by going to the albums page. (On the forum site, there is a link in the black bar beside “Forums” to the albums.)

In order for users to create an album please follow the steps below.
1) Go to user profile page and click “Media”
2) Click Add Photos
3) Enter Photo Gallery Title in the first field
4) Click Upload or Select from Photo Album to add photos
5) Click Post
6) Once posted, the album will be created as a “Topic” on the albums page for the public to see. The topic title will be the “Photo Gallery Title” they created before uploading their photos.

To create this migration path we used vBulletin5’s default album structure. Unfortunately, it won’t work like the “PhotoPlog” but is an album/gallery component on the forum now.
See more
See less

Fire Brick dealers in Maryland

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire Brick dealers in Maryland

Does anyone have a led on a refractory brick or fire brick dealer in the Maryland area or maybe the tri-state area. I have looked around but would like to know from anyone that has personal experience with a particular dealer in the area or even a business that they may be familiar with. Thanks
    Last edited by cms1528; 11-14-2013, 01:50 PM.

Re: Fire Brick dealers in Maryland

Savage Mt refractories sells a med duty brick. Cecil building supply in Martinsburg W VA has ned duty brick also and the have type S lime. They were the only ones even close to me that had the lime.

You could pick up low duty fire brick in a number of places in Maryland. Low duty was cheaper so that is what I used. I found them for around 1.15 down here.

David
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli." - Peter Clemenza

Comment

Thanks for the tips, I will check them out.

Comment

Not a problem. Let me know if you need anything else or have questions. I have some left over portland, lime and sand if you want them. Not enough for an entire oven but it would be free.
        "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli." - Peter Clemenza

Comment

I'd love to know where you can find firebricks in Maryland. I've been putting together a price list to see if it's feasible and any help in locating local supplies would be great.
          Thanks!

Comment

Wow this is funny, I just got off the phone this morning with a company that has brick and the proper mortar needed for a build. The link to the products page is below they have several locations in Maryland and you need to contact them to determine what you need and so on.

I asked the guy I spoke to what the chemical makeup was for the medium duty brick and he did not know but said that he could easily find out. I told him not necessary as I was not buying until later spring. They were friendly when I called and answered all my questions, I think the brick was priced at around $1.50 each or close...can't remember.

Good luck. POTOMAC VALLEY BRICK Built On a Foundation of Service

Comment

Thanks so much, cms. I'll check them out for sure.

Comment

I've been working on a build in the Annapolis area and I'm about to start work on the dome. I have found a place in Easton, MD called New Brick and Tile Co. They have the bricks for $1.35.

Haven't been able to find any fire clay or refractory mortar in the area. Potomac Valley Brick has it for $75 for a 50lb bag. Is this a good price? They also have bricks for $1.75. That seems to be a bit pricey.

Comment

There is a concrete block company on Beaver Dam Road in Cockeysville, MD that sells the high temp mortal for a good price. At least I think this the place I called a few months back.... Cinder & Concrete Block Corporation : Cockeysville : Baltimore : Maryland

Comment

Working...
                  X