web analytics
Belfast - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

We are continuing to work diligently to resolve the issues currently being experienced with the PhotoPlog. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

Belfast

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Belfast

I have just begun my second attempt in the back yard. If anyone local has caught the passion do say hello!
    First was a trad barrel bread oven, with far too much thermal mass.
    This is Tuscan after our son's wedding to Grainne. I was inspired by the oven by their old church. It must be used for weddings and church events.
    Attached Files

Re: Belfast

It certainly has a interesting flue design...
    " Life is art, live a masterpiece"

Comment

Where exactly is this oven?

I'm intrigued...
      Last edited by cleverdick; 08-07-2013, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Its of course a work in progress, sort of making it up as i go! Back yard in cranmore, Belfast (N ireland). The smoke chamber is simply stucco over metal plastering mesh, flue is free offcuts. I turned it sideways tobavoid dominating the view to garden, but also i will be building brick columns for a Loggia style feature, so can have a brick stack. At the front those holes ensure a dry insulation layer since its laid into sloping ground.
        Landing is therefore kept clear and wide but I now discover that although technically a landing is completely unnecessary, there is signuficant heat when lit extends about a foot outwards, so i will now add a platform to make use of this, a keep warm slow cook area.
        I am looking at Kiva Rumfkrd design as a possible build in below, in place of log area so the flue gets used twicw, oven and fireplace

Comment

OK, I misunderstood - I thought the photo was of the oven that inspired you; it certainly looks well past the 'just begun' stage!

And very rustic - it should blend in beautifully.

Comment

By "just begun" it only needs a full week to build, Once the base slab and retaining wall is in I laid the RB and dome in a few days last summer.... But carelessly cut my foot open. A year later the insulation, smoke chamber and finish coats just applied, first firing in July, but hearth and flue to do. I can get random marble slabs free locally, so outdoor dough kneading, and so many Ref bricks left over from previous trad barrel oven that I could make a second Naples oven but will build a kiva fire in the log space below

Comment

Working...
            X