web analytics
Metal Fabrication Adelaide Area - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Photo Galleries are back! Instructions below.

Dear forum users,
Thank you for your patience with the Photo galleries. We've got your galleries online!
We have finished writing a custom script to migrate the PhotoPlog to vBulletin5’s albums.

Unfortunately V-Bulletin killed the "Photoplogs" in their software upgrade which was unforeseen and we're the first development group to have written a script for getting the galleries back... that said, it took some time to reverse engineer the code and get the albums to move over seamlessly!

Forum users will be able to access their “PhotoPlog” images through their user profile page by clicking on the “Media” tab.
They will also be able to browse other albums by going to the albums page. (On the forum site, there is a link in the black bar beside “Forums” to the albums.)

In order for users to create an album please follow the steps below.
1) Go to user profile page and click “Media”
2) Click Add Photos
3) Enter Photo Gallery Title in the first field
4) Click Upload or Select from Photo Album to add photos
5) Click Post
6) Once posted, the album will be created as a “Topic” on the albums page for the public to see. The topic title will be the “Photo Gallery Title” they created before uploading their photos.

To create this migration path we used vBulletin5’s default album structure. Unfortunately, it won’t work like the “PhotoPlog” but is an album/gallery component on the forum now.
See more
See less

Metal Fabrication Adelaide Area

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metal Fabrication Adelaide Area

Hi, I would like to track down a metal fabricator in the Adelaide area (preferably the Hills) to make the front opening arch support. Do any of you other Adelaidians know a good one? Also What is Poorman's mortar?

Re: Metal Fabrication Adelaide Area

Billkidd,

I believe they gang is talking about what us yanks call Homebrew
    3:1:1:1 sand, fireclay, lime, portland cement. It has been used quite a bit by builders in this forum. I used it in my build. Is it a topic of debate on the forum, just search for Homebrew and you get the answer.
    Russell

Link to my Picasa Album
    https://plus.google.com/photos/10287...21083003687777

Comment

Originally posted by billkidd View Post
      to make the front opening arch support.
      An arch is self supporting, having steel support anything in a wood oven is fraught with danger.
      The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Thanks Al.

Comment

Thanks Russell, I'll have a look.

Comment

Hi billkidd,
            to me provided that you do it properly with room for the metal arch support to expand at a different rate than the surrounding refractory brickwork, I see no problems at all as I put in an arch supporting my oven, not to support the arch bricks, but to hinge the cast aluminium doors.
            I have pulled the pictures from my build or you can check them out at:

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/n...-1-a-2005.html

the angle iron supports are a loose fit in a wider groove cut into the dome bricks and can move independently without problems.
            Where abouts in the Adelaide hills are you located?
            Almost any handy person with a hammer and welder can make one similar.

Cheers.

Neill
            Attached Files
            Prevention is better than cure, - do it right the first time!

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neill’s Pompeiii #1
            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/n...-1-a-2005.html
            Neill’s kitchen underway
            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f35/...rway-4591.html

Comment

dsfgfsdgfdhgdfg dsfdsgfsd
              Fabrication Melbourne

Comment

Working...
              X