web analytics
Whats Cooking at Karangi Kitchen - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Photo Galleries are back! Instructions below.

Dear forum users,
Thank you for your patience with the Photo galleries. We've got your galleries online!
We have finished writing a custom script to migrate the PhotoPlog to vBulletin5’s albums.

Unfortunately V-Bulletin killed the "Photoplogs" in their software upgrade which was unforeseen and we're the first development group to have written a script for getting the galleries back... that said, it took some time to reverse engineer the code and get the albums to move over seamlessly!

Forum users will be able to access their “PhotoPlog” images through their user profile page by clicking on the “Media” tab.
They will also be able to browse other albums by going to the albums page. (On the forum site, there is a link in the black bar beside “Forums” to the albums.)

In order for users to create an album please follow the steps below.
1) Go to user profile page and click “Media”
2) Click Add Photos
3) Enter Photo Gallery Title in the first field
4) Click Upload or Select from Photo Album to add photos
5) Click Post
6) Once posted, the album will be created as a “Topic” on the albums page for the public to see. The topic title will be the “Photo Gallery Title” they created before uploading their photos.

To create this migration path we used vBulletin5’s default album structure. Unfortunately, it won’t work like the “PhotoPlog” but is an album/gallery component on the forum now.
See more
See less

Whats Cooking at Karangi Kitchen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats Cooking at Karangi Kitchen

Sorry all content has been removed by the publisher

Last edited by Karangi Dude; 07-18-2013, 03:04 PM.

Re: Whats Cooking at Karangi Kitchen

Originally posted by Karangi Dude
    This is my version of Alter Ego's hangover pizza.
    It looks good and making me hungry. It's bloody freezing this morning and I'm in a site shed on a building site. The cold is creeping up through the floor and a breakfast pizza would be just the thing to warm me up!
    Paul

Deficio est nusquam tamen vicis ut satus iterum
    (Failure is nothing but the opportunity to start again)

Comment

Doug,

Your cast iron ramekins are crazy! I could see doing individual pot pies and freezing them for the kids to reheat in the oven after school.

At what temp did you make your Eggs Florentine bread cups?

Comment

Karangi you are an inspiration, Thank you.

Doing a pork roast today with some roasted veggies. I like your running thread think I'll start my own kitchen thread. But from your posts and all your wonderful meals a few things I assume about you,

1 you never sleep
        2 you don't need to work
        3 you have an army to cook for
        4 you're an outstanding cook

stand by for my cooking thread. off to look for those cute cast iron pots.

Comment

Faith,

I Googled 'cast-iron ramekins' and virtually every vendor of such an item only offers them with enameled finishes. The one that does offer just cast-iron (with neat little handled lids) wants $90 for two of them. Ouch!

http://www.metrokitchen.com/category...n-ramekin-sets

Comment

Doug,

Your Egg Florentine bread cups look fantastic. This is one idea that I will also try. Keep posting your food as it is certainly inspiring me!
            Paul

Deficio est nusquam tamen vicis ut satus iterum
            (Failure is nothing but the opportunity to start again)

Comment

Looks great Karangi, You have that good Australian lamb I keep importing.
              Our Facebook Page:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stoneh...60738907277443

Comment

Originally posted by Faith In Virginia View Post
                Karangi you are an inspiration, Thank you.

Doing a pork roast today with some roasted veggies. I like your running thread think I'll start my own kitchen thread. But from your posts and all your wonderful meals a few things I assume about you,

1 you never sleep
                2 you don't need to work
                3 you have an army to cook for
                4 you're an outstanding cook

stand by for my cooking thread. off to look for those cute cast iron pots.
                Not to mention the world biggest stockpile of firewood..

Comment

Originally posted by GianniFocaccia View Post
                  Faith,

I Googled 'cast-iron ramekins' and virtually every vendor of such an item only offers them with enameled finishes. The one that does offer just cast-iron (with neat little handled lids) wants $90 for two of them. Ouch!

Staub Cast Iron Ramekin Sets from France
                  This is what I found for ramekins what do you think? Cast Iron Lead Melting Pots

Not quite the bake ware that you would expect but cast iron is cast iron. the 20# is 5 inches in diameter and $22.

Comment

Ask them nicely and they may post to the US.

8x Garlic Prawn Pots Cast Iron - pre-loved with bases | eBay

The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Here ya go, I just had to enter the correct search string.

Garlic Prawn Pots | eBay

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Doug, thanks for the info. I don't mind the work of the plain cast iron...well the reality is other then cooking I don't touch them. My partner does all the cleaning so as long as good food hits the table I can dirty every pot in the house. I am such a lucky girl!

Thanks for the link Brickie just what the doctor ordered. Now to find conversion rates and shipping...

Comment

Faith, the conversion rate is 1 to 1 now...shipping might be a problem. Does anyone know a good wholesaler for Australian beef and lamb? I would dearly love to get some good meat over here in RP.
                          Our Facebook Page:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stoneh...60738907277443

Comment

LOL... yup shipping is the problem. The pot is $17 and shipping is $57. Perhaps I need a vacation down under and pick them up myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Karangi Dude
                              Pumkin Pide,
                              Thanks for expanding my culinary knowledge, I can see some new work lunches coming up fairly soon.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Working...
                              X