web analytics
Power Out So Cranked Up The WFO... - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

We are continuing to work diligently to resolve the issues currently being experienced with the PhotoPlog. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

Power Out So Cranked Up The WFO...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Out So Cranked Up The WFO...

The power went out at about 6pm this evening so I decided to crank up the WFO. Made some boerewors sausage with roast vegetables and honey sauce. Turned out quite well... Sorry only before pic of the veg - the stuff hardly touched the plates and it was eaten.

It was all done in about 2 hrs from a cold start to eating. Will definitely do more of these quick burns now that I have got unlimited free wood available. I now prepare the WFO - cleaning it out and stacking wood ready for the next firing - as soon as the WFO cools down so I can just light and go the next time...
    Attached Files
    / Rossco

Re: Power Out So Cranked Up The WFO...

Excellent! We did the same thing a few years back. A windstorm knocked out the power for about a week. First 3 days we lived off the WFO and gas grill until the family rebelled and we started eating out.
    Ken H. - Kentucky
    42" Pompeii

Pompeii Oven Construction Video Updated!

Oven Thread ... Enclosure Thread
    Cost Spreadsheet ... Picasa Web Album

Comment

Working...
    X