web analytics
Dough Storage/Handling over several hours - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

Dough Storage/Handling over several hours

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dough Storage/Handling over several hours

Hi, I am in the UK and have been making pizza for a while, but need some advice regarding dough handling for larger quantities from a mobile van. At times I will need to use thawed, frozen dough balls and I need to keep these in a workable condition for a period of maybe up to 6 hours once thawed. I will be keeping them in covered dough trays, but do I need to keep these at a lower than room temperature, or can I keep them at room temp OK? I will need to be able to just grab a ball and stretch and cook it, so need them to be in good usable condition as and when they are needed over the 6 x hour (max) period.

Many thanks, Simon

Re: Dough Storage/Handling over several hours

Cold dough never seems to cook how I want it to, but I would suggest placing your doughballs at various temperatures for specific times and then cooking some pizza.

Yes I've found that cold dough is not good, but is there a time limit that people have found for keeping dough covered, but not refrigerated, before it does not perform as well? (i.e. really hard to stretch/handle etc)

That would depend on how your dough was mixed, how much yeast you used etc...

If possible stagger when you take your dough from freezer, to fridge, to room temp. For the most part, form what I have read, 2 hours from fridge to use is optimal.
          Now saying that, I have had ok success after 3.5 hours but much past that the dough has over proofed and just isn't "right".
          If possible, give a dry run and see what works best in your conditions.