web analytics
Crisp Pizza Crust - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

Crisp Pizza Crust

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crisp Pizza Crust

I have been making pizza with my FB oven for over a year. I have the dough and sauce down. The fire is coming along as well. What's the secret to getting the crust just right, so that it's not too raw, and not too burn?

Re: Crisp Pizza Crust

good to hear from you...

The two key's to good crust are the flour and formula you use, and the temperature of the oven..

Send along a bit more detail and we might be able to add some pointers on how to improve what you already know...

What recipe do you use for the dough (ingredients and process);

How thick of a pizza do you usually make? Deep dish thick? or Pizza Margarita thin?

When you heat your oven, do you get the dome to clear before setting up to cook pizza? And what temp are the cooking floor and the dome when your pizza hit the brick?

Look forward to hearing from you,

Do you have any pictures of you oven? Always good fun to see another oven..

Re: Crisp Pizza Crust

Something that I have seen recommended to improve the crispness of pizzas is the hydration level. I have recently started making a higher hydration mix - probably around 67% and there is a lot of crispness in the dough. What hydration level are you currently using??

/ Rossco