web analytics
Removing fine ash before cooking... - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

Things are progressing in getting things back in order on the Forum! User avatars should be showing up. Attachment and inline images are in the process of being uploaded. We are still looking for a migration path for the Photoplog gallery. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

Removing fine ash before cooking...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing fine ash before cooking...

I have tried several different things to clean the fine residual ash from the cooking surface. Brushing, blowing, etc. My favorite is to take a piece of salt pork at the end of a hoe "not ho" and rub the entire surface clean at the same time adding some pork fat...OH YEAH!
    Great pizza, a cold beer,a great cigar and great friends...my idea of a great time

Re: Removing fine ash before cooking...

mmmm pork fat
    My Oven Thread:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...-oven-633.html

Comment

Thats not kosher.

Comment

i use a piece of 1/4 copper, blow pipe,, flattened on the end,, Only because I dont know where to buy a nice hunk of pork fat Seriously,, do they sell that in most stores or are you just talking about a hunk of bacon ? probably adds some flavor ?

Mark

Comment

Actually, it is a hunk of "salt pork" usually found near the bacon in most stores.
          Great pizza, a cold beer,a great cigar and great friends...my idea of a great time

Comment

thanks bob,

Will put it on the shopping list

Mark

Comment

Working...
            X