web analytics
In Need of Advice - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

We are continuing to work diligently to resolve the issues currently being experienced with the PhotoPlog. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

In Need of Advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Need of Advice

Hello everyone,

I stumbled upon this website about one year ago in an attempt to improve my own pizza making abilities. This was definitely the best site that I came across. After a couple years of tinkering I can now make, in my mind, a fairly decent pizza. Currently I am 19 years old so I figure I have lots of time to improve.

At this time I do not have a wood oven but intend to install one sometime in the future. I have found that a barbeque with an infrared feature and a pizza stone replicates a wood oven fairly well. I feel that I am in need of advice when it comes to making a loaf of bread. I have not been able to make anything that I considered “good.” I cannot brown the outside of the loaf without drying out the bottom quarter of it. Also, I desperately want to have air bubbles in my loaf but I have not been able to get any so far. Can anyone give a beginner some helpful tips?

Thanks a lot,
    -jon

heres a pizza i made today
    Last edited by sssmasi; 12-13-2005, 11:40 PM.
    Pizza is not food... it is art.
Working...
X