web analytics
A decadent new year's day pizza - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

I'm Peter Reinhart! Ask Me Anything! Monday, February 15, 2016 7:00-8:00 pm EST

To kick off our AMA feature, we have invited author, chef and master bread maker and host of Pizza Quest, Peter Reinhart, to be our first host! Peter will be in the Forum on Monday, February 15th, from 7:00 - 8:00 pm EST. If you are unable to be online during the live session, you can post your questions in the sticky post. Peter will answer those questions during the live session on February 15th. You can view Peter's answers to your questions as well as what happened during the live session in the session thread.

Ask Me Anything New Forum Feature

You will notice a new forum at the top of the main page called, "Ask Me Anything". This forum will be used for live one hour "Ask Me Anything" (AMA) sessions hosted by people who are knowledgeable in different areas pertaining to wood fired ovens. How it works:
- Each AMA will have a "sticky" thread where the community can post questions they would like answered during the live session. This will allow everyone to participate even if you can't be online for the live session. These questions will not be answered by the host until the live AMA; if you need an answer quickly, you should post it in the appropriate Forum area for the community to respond.
- Another thread will be posted for the live AMA. Registered users who are logged in during the live session can interact with the host by asking questions and receiving responses.
- The live thread will remain in the AMA forum to view after the session.

We hope you enjoy this new feature! Please let us know if there is a topic that you'd like to have as an AMA and we'll look for a host!

Forno Bravo
See more
See less

A decadent new year's day pizza

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A decadent new year's day pizza

I made a few pizzas yesterday that were a huge hit:
    • olive oil
    • caramelized onions
    • cooked pancetta (crispy)
    • triple creme brie
    • dash of truffle oil

The brie was a substitution for a "robiola", which my cheese shop said was the best alternative. Has anyone used this cheese?

The truffle oil went on after the oven... it was rich, but very flavorful and a nice contrast to the traditional margheritas I also made.
    Keller TX
    Artigiano 39"
    former Phoenix resident and Pizzeria Bianco fan
    www.leanblog.org
    http://mypizzaoven.blogspot.com

sigpic

Re: A decadent new year's day pizza

Try posting this picture again, only this time post reply from just below the comment box, not the Post quick Reply area. Go down the screen to manage attachments and upload from there. You will get it as a fingernail and we will be able to enlarge for better visual. This photo is teasing us.
    An excellent pizza is shared with the ones you love!

Acoma's Tuscan:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/a...scan-2862.html

Comment

Re: A decadent new year's day pizza

Happy New Year to All!
      We had a party with around 16 to 20 people and we made 9 pizzas. (One at a time throughout the course of the party.) They are getting easier as I get to know the oven and heat management. Everyone was amazed at how fast they cooked! We made cheese, pepperoni, caramelized onion and ricotta, mushroom, and spinach with feta. The pizzas got snapped up as fast as I put them on the table! I used the oven only for pizza because the other foods were made in advance. Oh, we also had seafood casserole with shrimp, crab, and scallops, shrimp cocktail, stuffed clams, a ham, a giant salad, breads, and around three or four desserts (cakes, a chocolate trifle, etc.), plenty of booze, beer, wine! (Nobody overdid it with the booze, and we all had a great time!)
      I just want to say THANX' to James and FB and everyone who put posts and pictures on this forum throughout last year to not only convince others to build an oven, but to lending a helping hand along the way to those who've made the commitment to build! It just keeps gettin' better!
      I hope whoever is interested in this forum as a guest or newbie really gets into what goes on here and gets convinced into building an oven for yourself. You will not be disappointed!
      Rick
      View my pictures at, Picasaweb.google.com/xharleyguy

Comment

Working...
      X