web analytics
yeast free dough - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

yeast free dough

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yeast free dough

hey im wondering wether anyone has tried or doesnot use yeast in their dough.. at the moment i am playing around with a few things, by using a beta/starter (flour, water mix left for several days.)
    As i am opeing a wood fired pizza restaurant in new zealand, i am trying to cut costs in any way possible.. and would prefer to be as natuaral as possible.

let me know what you think.. or any other ideas..

Re: yeast free dough

There are a lot of reasons to use natural starters (which are yeast, after all, just naturally occuring) but economy isn't one of them. You can use a very small amount of commercial yeast if you use a slightly longer rise period, and yeast, in bulk, is not expensive.

1 Pound Fleischmann's Yeast exp: Dec. 27, 2008 Fresh! - (eBay item 110194107797 end time Nov-22-07 14:41:46 PST)

No connection, etc.
    My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

I started with yeast a couple of years ago. Then I tried SF sourdough in my NY style. After some tinkering, it worked great. The taste was wonderful.
      Then, I caught the WFO bug. I stuck with the SF (San Francisco) strain then somewhere down the line I switched to Camaldoli. Very nice.

My advice is to buy a strong bona fide working starter and take good care of it. You only have to buy it once. I'm learning that dough management is critical and has a huge impact on the taste.

I wish you luck. Keep us apprised.

hey have just made a pizza in my conventional oven coz dont have my wfo yet.. just made a small dough 250gm flour.. 70gms of starter.. lil bit of salt and butter.. didnt realy let it rise..(was hungry) .. but worked and was amazing have posted a pic 'in dunedin'