web analytics
best pizza in napoli??? - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Photo Galleries are back! Instructions below.

Dear forum users,
Thank you for your patience with the Photo galleries. We've got your galleries online!
We have finished writing a custom script to migrate the PhotoPlog to vBulletin5’s albums.

Unfortunately V-Bulletin killed the "Photoplogs" in their software upgrade which was unforeseen and we're the first development group to have written a script for getting the galleries back... that said, it took some time to reverse engineer the code and get the albums to move over seamlessly!

Forum users will be able to access their “PhotoPlog” images through their user profile page by clicking on the “Media” tab.
They will also be able to browse other albums by going to the albums page. (On the forum site, there is a link in the black bar beside “Forums” to the albums.)

In order for users to create an album please follow the steps below.
1) Go to user profile page and click “Media”
2) Click Add Photos
3) Enter Photo Gallery Title in the first field
4) Click Upload or Select from Photo Album to add photos
5) Click Post
6) Once posted, the album will be created as a “Topic” on the albums page for the public to see. The topic title will be the “Photo Gallery Title” they created before uploading their photos.

To create this migration path we used vBulletin5’s default album structure. Unfortunately, it won’t work like the “PhotoPlog” but is an album/gallery component on the forum now.
See more
See less

best pizza in napoli???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best pizza in napoli???

james,
    did you ever eat at michelles (i think that was the name of the place)? it's the place world-renowned as the best pizzeria in napoli. alsolutely incredible pizza, and the model for my perfect pizza.
    -paul
    overdo it or don't do it at all!

I stood in front of it when it was closed on a Sunday. Does that count? Don't get me started on Italian Sunday closing hours. :-)

On a more positive note, I absolutely enjoyed Bellini, Ciro di Santa Brigida, Ciro di Mergellina and Fratelli di Bufala. Bellini might have been my favorite (a pizza appetizer before sea food pasta). I had a fun chat with the Pizzaiolo at Ciro di Santa Brigida, who is a 4th or 5th generation pizzaiolo, and met Sig. Pace of VPN.

I would highly recommend a food vacation in Naples, and have a few leads on cooking schools, agriturismos and cheese producers.

James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

if i can scrape together the money, i am considering a trip this winter/spring. last time i went there on tour with my band, i just went in circles all day long: espresso, pizza, gelato, espresso, pizza, gelato...all day long. i think i gained 20 pounds in one week.
      -paul

Comment

Pizza, pasta, gellato and espresso are good for you. :-) I don't know any overweight Italians!
        James
        Pizza Ovens
        Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

yeah, i'm just kidding about the 20 pounds. i just felt like such an absolute glutton and loved it!
          -paul

Comment

Working...
          X