web analytics
Holy Crap, it worked! - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

Things are progressing in getting things back in order on the Forum! User avatars should be showing up. Attachment and inline images are in the process of being uploaded. We are still looking for a migration path for the Photoplog gallery. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

Holy Crap, it worked!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy Crap, it worked!

Well, fired up my primavera 70 today for the first time for real (after curing of course). I feel like a proud new papa! Produced a half dozen more than acceptable pies, using all the 'authentic' ingredients. This little oven is a winner, and the space is absolutely ideal inside for me and what I'll use it for, one pie at a time. Can't wait to keep experimenting.
    Attached Files

Re: Holy Crap, it worked!

Much nicer looking than my first Pie.... Great Job

Chip
    Chip

Comment

Originally posted by mrchipster View Post
      Much nicer looking than my first Pie.... Great Job

Chip
      Absolutely better than mine. Although mine turned into a beautiful calzone before it proceeded to roll into the fire. Enjoy!
      Check out my pictures here:
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Well, reading hundreds of posts on this board to prepare for the big day is the only explanation! I can see why people get so into this. I'm going to play with my sauce approach, it was good, but I think I'd like to spice it up a bit.

Comment

Congratulations!

Mighty nice looking pie. Enjoy the process of experimentation, success and failure on your journey, its fun
          Lee B.
          DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.
          Our One Meter Pompeii Oven album is here.
          An album showing our Thermal Breaks is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

Congratulations on a nice looking pie. You are now officially addicted and will have to fight the urge to look down your nose at your neighborhood pizza joint

Comment

Working...
            X