web analytics
Proving Pizza Dough - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

We are continuing to work diligently to resolve the issues currently being experienced with the PhotoPlog. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

Proving Pizza Dough

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proving Pizza Dough

I have seen some restaurants proving their pizza dough so with my latest batch I popped the dough balls in the oven (heated for 3 mins). Will see how they are looking after about 1.5 hrs. I will leave them on the bench for another few hours after that before I bake them.

Anyone use proving for pizza preparation?
    Last edited by heliman; 10-22-2011, 07:52 PM.
    / Rossco

Re: Proving Pizza Dough

Hi Rosco,
    I have always proved my dough whether summer or winter, in a nice warm place. In winter=time, usually up in the rumpus room where the slow combustion heater is on and in summer, I place around a 1kg dough mix in a large ice cream container, oiled and floured and put in the sunshine.
    Never had any disasters.
    When doubled in size, I divide into balls and again proved but this time in tupperware containers.

Cheers.

Neill
    Prevention is better than cure, - do it right the first time!

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neillís Pompeiii #1
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/n...-1-a-2005.html
    Neillís kitchen underway
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f35/...rway-4591.html

Comment

Some feedback on this method.... It produced a very light and pleasant, easy eating, crispy crust - definitely worth doing again in future.
      / Rossco

Comment

Hi Neill - good to hear from you!

Thanks for the info. I usually just leave the balled dough in Tupperware and leave it on the bench. The Perth temps are fairly warm but I found that the oven proofing sped up the process and I was able to use the dough within 3-4 hours as opposed to 5-6 when left on the bench.
        / Rossco

Comment

Working...
        X