web analytics
Tried a new crust - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community


1 of 3 < >

Forum Page Loading Response

Forum Members:

We have received feedback regarding recent issues with page loading response time. We believe the slow response issue stems from the analytics we added with the new Forum. We are in the process of reconfiguring those elements and, after an approximate 24-hour time period for the reconfiguration to run, we anticipate a return to normal page load times. Thank you for your patience!
2 of 3 < >


Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum members.

As many may have noticed already, the Community Forum site was briefly down today. While working on scheduled routine maintenance, we encountered an error when trying to add a software update. As the site is now back up and running, some of you may notice that some recent data has been misplaced from November 10th up to today. We are currently working on resolving the issue. The forum has full operational capabilities and we encourage all forum members to continue actively posting in the threads.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this issue may have caused you. The Forno Bravo family values each and every member of our community. If you have any issues or concerns, please feel free to let us know on our issues thread here:


Thank you for understanding.
3 of 3 < >

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

Tried a new crust

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tried a new crust

    Wanted a little different crust, something like a cross between traditional and a light biscuit. I mixed 500 grams of all purpose from the fridge, 1 1/4 tps ADY, a pinch of backing soda (maybe 1/8 tsp at most), and 1 tsp salt in the mixer for a few seconds. I then took 100 grams of skim milk, 3 or so tablespoons of Olive Oil, and cold filtered water to get it to 325 grams and then mixed it in for a minute and then let it rest and hydrate for about 10 min. Switched to dough hook and worked it pretty fast for maybe 5 minutes. I then kneaded by hand for a couple of minutes until it passed the window test.

    Proofed it overnight (doubled in size) in a single ball that had been worked to get some surface tension and divided in half a couple of hours before needed and allowed to warm up. Made fairly thick dough and added lots of toppings and it was really good. Don't get it too close to the fire as it takes a little longer to bake.

    Next time I might hold it up near the top of the dome a couple of seconds to start the cooking before I add sauce as it was just barely done. Hope someone else can enjoy this!