web analytics
Pizza Dough Calculator - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Photo Galleries are back! Instructions below.

Dear forum users,
Thank you for your patience with the Photo galleries. We've got your galleries online!
We have finished writing a custom script to migrate the PhotoPlog to vBulletin5’s albums.

Unfortunately V-Bulletin killed the "Photoplogs" in their software upgrade which was unforeseen and we're the first development group to have written a script for getting the galleries back... that said, it took some time to reverse engineer the code and get the albums to move over seamlessly!

Forum users will be able to access their “PhotoPlog” images through their user profile page by clicking on the “Media” tab.
They will also be able to browse other albums by going to the albums page. (On the forum site, there is a link in the black bar beside “Forums” to the albums.)

In order for users to create an album please follow the steps below.
1) Go to user profile page and click “Media”
2) Click Add Photos
3) Enter Photo Gallery Title in the first field
4) Click Upload or Select from Photo Album to add photos
5) Click Post
6) Once posted, the album will be created as a “Topic” on the albums page for the public to see. The topic title will be the “Photo Gallery Title” they created before uploading their photos.

To create this migration path we used vBulletin5’s default album structure. Unfortunately, it won’t work like the “PhotoPlog” but is an album/gallery component on the forum now.
See more
See less

Pizza Dough Calculator

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pizza Dough Calculator

Found this site and this handy tool for getting perfect proportions each time based on how you tailor your individual recipe

http://www.pizzamaking.com/dough_calculator.html

Originally posted by Richard
    Found this site and this handy tool for getting perfect proportions each time based on how you tailor your individual recipe

http://www.pizzamaking.com/dough_calculator.html
    It's fantastic. Note that it is tailored to the NY style pizza.

I use it myself every time I make dough and it is nearly foolproof. I have found that a lower hydration percentage seems to work better in my Forno, insofar as I am outdoors and it is (lately, anyways) more humid outside.
    There is nothing quite so satisfying as drinking a cold beer, while tending a hot fire, in an oven that you built yourself, and making the best pizza that your friends have ever had.

Comment

While tailored to NY Style, you can adjust the factors to get you a Chicago, neoploitan, etc

Great way to determine dough needs especially if planning for a large party, or just wish to 'tweak' one element at a time and get accurate baker's percent / ounces etc.

Comment

Re: Pizza Dough Calculator

thats great, thanks for the link...JR

Comment

That is very cool. A few questions.
          1) Why does it say do not use extra virgin olive oil?
          2) could someone post a recipe they have used sucessfully, so that I can use the same factors and modify quantity.

Great link!
          Drake
          My Oven Thread:
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...-oven-633.html

Comment

EVOO as a topping - absolutely. EVOO in the dough - not as significant a difference in taste.

As all I buy is EVOO - always use regardless of what a recipe says.

Comment

Richard,

Agreed. EVO is fine as a topping, but once the heat hits it in a dough, the difference is so minimal it's beyond nothing.

Jim
              "Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827

Comment

Ok so they say it is a waste, I understand that...They should say EVOO is not necessary instead of Do not use evoo...
                My Oven Thread:
                http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...-oven-633.html

Comment

Drake:

I use to bake pizzas using several formulaes from pizzamaking.com.
                  Since I have a wood oven, the Tom Lehmanns New York style, with preferment and/or the Varasano´s Patsy pizza were always a winner.
                  The TL NY formula, in Baker´s percent, is
                  Flour 100%
                  Water 63%
                  EVOO 1%
                  Preferment 10%
                  Salt 1,75%
                  with 24 hours rest in refrigerator.
                  More information about the process could be founded in pizzamaking.com/forum (specifically in the thread Tom Lehmanns NY Style pizza, replies 151, 161 and 165).

Luis

Comment

Working...
                  X