web analytics
Finally got it!!! - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

Finally got it!!!

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got it!!!

Well after months of dough making, swearing, and head banging...I have finally worked out my dough! Have found a really good flour called Lighthouse Flour that is made by Anchor Foods over here in Fremantle. It is a high pro. strong bakers flour and following the dough instructions on the pizza ebook have got the dough really great! It is super stretchy and has a really great flavour to it, I was so happy when I stretched my first pizza by hand instead of using the rolling pin....and puffed up so much, Im still smiling (still a slow process stretching it, but it is slowly getting better...trying to work out the right style to stretch other than over the knuckles!). Still use the rolling pin when I do choc pizzas for a nice flat crisp base and for people who want a thin, crispy pizza. The only question I have is when I make Calzones, I find that it sticks to the floor of the oven...not too sure why. I find I have to cook it on the peel for a bit then move it to the floor to finsh it off. Does anyone do the same or do you guys have any ideas why this happens??

Re: Finally got it!!!

I usually use Allied Mills pizza flour, but used some Lighthouse pizza flour the other day, when I visited my sister in another state. It made a very light dough that handled well and cooked beautifully.It is not available here, a pity.
    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Congrats! Next up: bread!
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka

Have done some bread...and yes, it does seem to bake better when you get some steam going. French sticks and rolls work really well. Going to do a big arse loaf soon...always good fun!