web analytics
Firebrick tile for gas bbq QLD AUST? - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

Things are progressing in getting things back in order on the Forum! User avatars should be showing up. Attachment and inline images are in the process of being uploaded. We are still looking for a migration path for the Photoplog gallery. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

Firebrick tile for gas bbq QLD AUST?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firebrick tile for gas bbq QLD AUST?

Anyone know where I can get one fire brick tile 300 x 300 x 50mm? I have rung around so many places in Australia without any luck, unless I travel 60kms for one tile!

Can I use something else for my gas bbq grill [2 jets] that will be safe and will not crack? I am wanting to cook pizza and bread.

Gayle
    Gayle

Re: Firebrick tile for gas bbq QLD AUST?

ring claypave, they make most of QLD's refractory supplies.

Comment

Thanks. Already did that before I posted here and as I only need one, they will not sell to me.

Looks like I will have to get a commercial pizza stone instead that can be used with direct heat, if they even exist.
      Gayle

Comment

I got a nice piece of soapstone remnant from a granite countertop yard, they even cut it straight for for no charge, maybe visit a countertop shop see what cut-off pieces they have laying about.

Comment

I got myself a 300mm [12"] terracotta tile, used three times now and no cracks and gets too hot so now I have to get the temperature correct.
          Gayle

Comment

Working...
          X