web analytics
Pizza Stone Bread Recipe - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

Pizza Stone Bread Recipe

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pizza Stone Bread Recipe

I have posted a series of web pages on a method for making bread with a bread machine and a pizza stone. I've been using it for years to make bread when I am not firing a pizza oven. Through trial and error, I've tried to come up with shortcuts for things like pre-fermenting, shaping, etc. It's a casual approach -- not like Jim's excellent Wood-Fired Bread e-Book.

The pages start here; let me know what you think:

They are a follow-on to my not-so-serious Bread, Pizza and Coffee Economics page. That's the one where I show how you can send your kids to college for a year by installing a pizza oven. That page is here:

Let me know what you think.
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Re: Pizza Stone Bread Recipe

James, did you miss the part of the instructions where you indicated how to get steam in the oven? I see discussion of the importance, but not the method. I use a spray bottle, but with your ingredient list you mention a heavy roasting pan - do you invert a roasting pan over the loaves to create a steamy environment?

Nice write up - there's a lot of flexibility in home bread. I'm still playing with variations on the no knead recipe. I don't really knead my bread at all, just spoon mix and give it a long slow rise. I've taught my daughter (age 11) and it's very simple and the gluten development is still superb.

Re: Pizza Stone Bread Recipe

I think you've done a fine job writing up a non-daunting intro to making bread at home on a pizza stone. A lot of us started that way, I think, and I certainly did years ago. You can get steam into the oven using a spray bottle (preferred) or a pan of water just below the stone, but the pan will be a write off pretty quickly.

Keep up the good work.

"Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827