web analytics
Pizzeria, Lacanau Ocean, SW France - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

1 of 2 < >

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum members.

As many may have noticed already, the Community Forum site was briefly down today. While working on scheduled routine maintenance, we encountered an error when trying to add a software update. As the site is now back up and running, some of you may notice that some recent data has been misplaced from November 10th up to today. We are currently working on resolving the issue. The forum has full operational capabilities and we encourage all forum members to continue actively posting in the threads.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this issue may have caused you. The Forno Bravo family values each and every member of our community. If you have any issues or concerns, please feel free to let us know on our issues thread here:

Thank you for understanding.
2 of 2 < >

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

Pizzeria, Lacanau Ocean, SW France

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pizzeria, Lacanau Ocean, SW France

Had a good pizza in Lacanau Ocean on the west coast of France last weekend - there are a number of pizzerias in this small resort but a quick glance at the pizzas on the plates put me off parting with any cash. Just as I was starting to think of a bowl of moules I found this crowded pizzeria on the main street on the beach. It was interesting as all the diners were inside - unusual on such a sunny day - and also difficult to view the pizzas being eaten. I just caught sight of a Calzone which looked pretty good so I gambled & went in.

Inside was typical pizzeria, complete with an array of certificates and old photos of the pizziolo flinging huge pizza doughs in the air - the pizzaiolo was the same (though much older) but the place was different. He was tucked away at the back of the room and was quietly studying the diners as he shaped & created the pizzas.

I was squeezed onto a table and ordered a napolitana which I use as a benchmark and tends to be more reasonably priced than others - happily it's also one of my favorites!

Anyway, it arrived after a short wait and I was nicely surprised - it wasn't in the D.O.C category, but was certainly worth the 8 it cost. The base was a traditional Italian type, thin, crusty, chewy and slightly charred. The topping was fresh and nicely proportioned. I had a 50cl (nearly 1 pint) carafe of rose for around 5 to complete the meal and left very happy to recommend;

La Gondole
    2 Boulevard de la Plage
    33680 Lacanau Ocean
    My rustic oven;