web analytics
Bertucci's - Boston Area - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

We are continuing to work diligently to resolve the issues currently being experienced with the PhotoPlog. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

Bertucci's - Boston Area

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bertucci's - Boston Area

Hey All - I had the misfortune of being up in Boston for 3 days last week to see my dad through some surgery and visit family...but of course we made time for pizza.

Bertucci's is a chain pizzeria that is all over Massachusetts and the northeast. I've never seen them down south...not sure why. They have a pretty big menu, and they advertise brick oven pizza. My brother and I went to one location (not even sure where!!)...and they actually had several brick ovens - and they were actually burning wood!! Hurrah! NO gas flames. The crust had nice char marks but the sauce was a little sweet for me. We had one called a "sporkie" which is sausage, tomato, mozz, riccotta. It wasn't fior di latte - but I would definitely recommend Bertucci's if you need a quick fix. Much better than a lot of other places I've had with that awful gas flame.

The only fugazi element - they were rolling dough with a pin!!

Re: Bertucci's - Boston Area

Bertucci's was my absolute favorite when I was in Boston, particularly the sporkie. That was my first exposure to real brick oven pizza. The ricotta cheese is a nice addition on many of their pizzas.
    Keller TX
    Artigiano 39"
    former Phoenix resident and Pizzeria Bianco fan
    www.leanblog.org
    http://mypizzaoven.blogspot.com

sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X