web analytics
Looking for rec's: D.C. and Paris - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

New Forno Bravo Forum Feature

Forno Bravo Forum Community,

You will notice a new forum at the top of the main page called, "Ask Me Anything". This forum will be used for live one hour "Ask Me Anything" (AMA) sessions hosted by people who are knowledgeable in different areas pertaining to wood fired ovens. How it works:
- Each AMA will have a "sticky" thread where the community can post questions they would like answered during the live session. This will allow everyone to participate even if you can't be online for the live session. These questions will not be answered by the host until the live AMA; if you need an answer quickly, you should post it in the appropriate Forum area for the community to respond.
- Another thread will be posted for the live AMA. Registered users who are logged in during the live session can interact with the host by asking questions and receiving responses.
- The live thread will remain in the AMA forum to view after the session.

To kick off our AMA feature, we have invited author, chef and master bread maker and host of Pizza Quest, Peter Reinhart, to be our first host! Peter will be in the Forum on Monday, February 15th, from 7:00 - 8:00 pm EST. If you are unable to be online during the live session, you can post your questions in the sticky post. Peter will answer those questions during the live session on February 15th. You can view Peter's answers to your questions as well as what happened during the live session in the session thread.

We hope you enjoy this new feature! Please let us know if there is a topic that you'd like to have as an AMA and we'll look for a host!

Forno Bravo
See more
See less

Looking for rec's: D.C. and Paris

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for rec's: D.C. and Paris

So I'm off to Paris on Tuesday with a two night pause in DC to see the Julia Child kitchen at the Smithsonian which I have been wanting to do since it first got there.
    Looking for recommendations on WFO pizza places. I have a lunch and a dinner open in D.C. and am not at all adverse to two pizza-centric meals, or second lunch or late pizza breakfast. I know you guys know the real thing vs. the sorry imposters, so lemme have em.
    I'm already semi-committed to Radius for one of those meals only because the pizzas have motorcycle names which I love (and it will be a fun surprise for Boy) but Pizzeria Paradiso seems to be well-reviewed, too. Thoughts? Something better? What to order?

And then Paris. France, not Texas. And yea, I'm going to eat croissants and baguette and cheese and macarons until my eyes pop out of my head, but if there's a fun and good WFO place, I'm 100% in. And bread. Of course I will do the requisite Polaine visit (should I consider bringing home a miche to enjoy the week of my return? The thought of Boy's reaction to me spending that much on bread makes me laugh) and I'm definitely going to check out Eric Kayser, but what else?
    Anything else I need to know that I might not have already read about in the realm of food in Paris? This is my first visit. We are renting an apartment so cooking, Oui!
    Holy cow am I excited!
Working...
X