web analytics
Cento dop san marzano tomatoes - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

We are continuing to work diligently to resolve the issues currently being experienced with the PhotoPlog. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

Cento dop san marzano tomatoes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cento dop san marzano tomatoes

Has anyone tried the Cento brand DOP certifed San Marzano tomatoes?

I just returned from a trip to my local Publix grocery store. I found these tomatoes at $2.99 for a 28oz can. Not a weekly special, or hot buy...they have reduced there "every day" price down from $5.49 a can.
    I am used to paying around $5 a can locally for any DOP tomatoes and about $4 a can from FB as well as a couple of other online sites (plus shipping).

Long story short, I bought 12 cans. Anyone have any feedback on these tomatoes before I go back and buy their entire inventory? I know this must be a pricing error.....Publix is good, but not known for being cheap.

RT

Re: Cento dop san marzano tomatoes

I have not used them myself but a VPN pizzaria here in San Antonio uses them and I thought they were superb some of the best I have tasted. That is a great price!

Jay

Comment

I've used them. I like them just fine. Other than the Delallo ones, they're the only other San Marzanos I can get around here.
      Elizabeth

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/e...html#post41545

Comment

We buy the Cento DOP San Marzanos here in RI at Price Right for $2.39 each and they are GREAT!! Other brands around here are $4 - $5 per can.
        Check out our blog for a glimpse into our hobbies of home brewing, soda, beer and wine, gardening and most of all cooking in our WFO!

http://thereddragoncafe.blogspot.com/

Comment

We get them around $4 a can in Tallahassee. I love them. Did a taste test tonight with Muir Glen organic vs. the Cento DOP San Marzano and it was amazing. The Cento tastes like the Platonic Ideal of a tomato. The Muir Glen (which I cook with all the time) tasted metallic in comparison.

Stan

Comment

Working...
          X