web analytics
sauce from home-grown tomatoes - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

Things are progressing in getting things back in order on the Forum! User avatars should be showing up. Attachment and inline images are in the process of being uploaded. We are still looking for a migration path for the Photoplog gallery. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

sauce from home-grown tomatoes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sauce from home-grown tomatoes

we have lots of cherry and yellow pear tomatoes in our garden this year; will these make good sauce, or should we stick with our early girls?

i intend to grow tomatoes more suited for sauce next year, but did want to try making some this year.

Re: sauce from home-grown tomatoes

I was able to get the Pomodoro seeds like James has and canned some for the first time this year, am hoping they turn out good . I am also looking for a good Pizza sauce recipe

Comment

roncut -

you might give this a try as a place to start - it can be modified according to your tastes/needs:

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f10/...iana-8108.html

i've used it on pizzas twice now and like it a lot. the only two things i might suggest are to simmer it down a little longer than i did so it is a little less "watery" (i think about 1/2 hour more of simmering would have been just about right) and also you might choose to puree it with a hand blender to smooth it out - personally, i like the chunks of herbs, tomatoes, onion and garlic, but pureeing it might "look" nicer.

good luck and let us know how it goes!

Comment

Thanks I will give it a try

Comment

Working...
        X