web analytics
kamut flour - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

Things are progressing in getting things back in order on the Forum! User avatars should be showing up. Attachment and inline images are in the process of being uploaded. We are still looking for a migration path for the Photoplog gallery. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

kamut flour

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kamut flour

Has any one worked with this flour? Suppose to add a real sweetness to the dough.

Re: kamut flour

Used all sorts of flour when my oldest was being tested for gluten/wheat allergies - what a pita! As a matter of fact, I have 50 pounds of kamut in my food storage (when hell breaks out, I can make pizza!)

It is not so much sweet. but just a different flavor. All the grains have such a nice profile when using them adding a nuttiness, bolder flavors, etc.

A good place to learn about different grains is through Chef Brad (Grain Education and Tips || Cooking with Grain | Chef Brad's Fusion Grain ||) he is an awesome guy who gives cooking lessons using grains and such - food preppers beware - he has an arsenal of tools. He is well received by the woman-folk out here east of Phoenix.

A class I took a while ago from him, he stated you can comfortably replace up to 30% of the wheat in recipes with a different grain to change the flavor profiles (due to the need of gluten.)
    Jen-Aire 5 burner propane grill/Char Broil Smoker

Follow my build Chris' WFO

Comment

Re: kamut flour

Thanks for the link!

Comment

Working...
      X