web analytics
How long should i wait before firing my wfo? - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Forum Issues Update

We are continuing to work diligently to resolve the issues currently being experienced with the PhotoPlog. Thank you for your patience!
2 of 2 < >

Dome Installation Video - Casa / Premio / Modena

Hello,

For many of you who bought a modular oven, you may have asked how we put the domes together when we build them. For those of you considering one of our ovens, we shot a video to make your install easier.

Check it out on our You Tube Channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7q7...jSniYogfUra06Q

If the link doesn't work, simply go to You Tube and type Forno Bravo Channel. The video title is How to Set your Forno Bravo Oven Dome Pieces.

Thanks for participating in our Forum. We will have more video content available soon.
See more
See less

How long should i wait before firing my wfo?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long should i wait before firing my wfo?

I have just covered my WFO with two layers of insulation blanket and I am hoping to cover the dome with the 4 to 5 inches of refractory insulator.
    I would like to know if there is a time frame I should wait before firing the WFO after applying the 4 to 5 inches of refractory insulator, or doesn't it really matter? For what it's worth im using Sheralite which is allot easier to apply then Vermiculite and it's just a later technology version of vermiculite? Although both do the same thing.

I'm not sure if it's worth me writing this extra stuff but I may as well so you have ALL the details.
    The ground foundation has been done over 6 months ago.
    I done a 4 inch slab of concrete and rio and another 4 inch slab of refractory insulator on top of the concrete one and these were finished about 3 months ago. The dome using fire bricks has been done about a month ago.

Your advice is much appreciated.

Regards
    Dean
Working...
X