web analytics
Insulating the oven entry - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Forum Issues Update

We are continuing to work diligently to resolve the issues currently being experienced with the PhotoPlog. Thank you for your patience!
2 of 2 < >

Dome Installation Video - Casa / Premio / Modena

Hello,

For many of you who bought a modular oven, you may have asked how we put the domes together when we build them. For those of you considering one of our ovens, we shot a video to make your install easier.

Check it out on our You Tube Channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7q7...jSniYogfUra06Q

If the link doesn't work, simply go to You Tube and type Forno Bravo Channel. The video title is How to Set your Forno Bravo Oven Dome Pieces.

Thanks for participating in our Forum. We will have more video content available soon.
See more
See less

Insulating the oven entry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insulating the oven entry

How far out past the oven opening do you really need to have insulation? I'm talking both the board under the bricks and the blanket and/or vermi around the walls.. I'm curious what others did. I plan on checking the temp of the outside of my bricks once I start cooking to see just how hot it gets and how far out it extends to see if I really need all that much insulation.

If I can pull it back a bit it would be nice for the floor to help prevent water damage.

-Shay
    Shay - Centerville, MN

My Outdoor Kitchen/Pompeii WFO Build...

Re: Insulating the oven entry

The bricks in the entry get REALLY hot. Even the decorative stone arch in front of the firebrick structure gets hot. I insulated out to the mouth of the firebrick entry: I don't know how much heat loss there actually be if you didn't.
    My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

Re: Insulating the oven entry

In contrast to Dmun's, I did not insulate the entry.

The oven works fine but I certainly do loose heat through this path. I might get longer bakes if I had insulated this area.

JED

Comment

Working...
      X