web analytics
Crack patching - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Forum Issues Update

Things are progressing in getting things back in order on the Forum! User avatars should be showing up. Attachment and inline images are in the process of being uploaded. We are still looking for a migration path for the Photoplog gallery. Thank you for your patience!
2 of 2 < >

Dome Installation Video - Casa / Premio / Modena

Hello,

For many of you who bought a modular oven, you may have asked how we put the domes together when we build them. For those of you considering one of our ovens, we shot a video to make your install easier.

Check it out on our You Tube Channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7q7...jSniYogfUra06Q

If the link doesn't work, simply go to You Tube and type Forno Bravo Channel. The video title is How to Set your Forno Bravo Oven Dome Pieces.

Thanks for participating in our Forum. We will have more video content available soon.
See more
See less

Crack patching

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crack patching

I used to use waterglass to attach a new door gasket to my woodstove....just ran across this reference which might be of interest....

Perlite makes a useful rigid refractory and a mouldable refractory
    patching/repair compound using sodium silicate (waterglass) as a binder,
    ....but it's soft and the bond develops slowly.
    sigpicTiempo para guzarlos..... ...enjoy every sandwich!

Re: Crack patching

Further thinking makes me wonder if using the gasket material might be good for filling a larger crack that bothered you. (like a smoke escaping crack)

This gasket does remain somewhat flexible to seal the woodstove door. The waterglass keeps it in place.

so this might be a crack filling solution with some flexibility....
    sigpicTiempo para guzarlos..... ...enjoy every sandwich!

Comment

Working...
    X