web analytics
concrete countertop sealer - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Forum Issues Update

We are continuing to work diligently to resolve the issues currently being experienced with the PhotoPlog. Thank you for your patience!
2 of 2 < >

Dome Installation Video - Casa / Premio / Modena

Hello,

For many of you who bought a modular oven, you may have asked how we put the domes together when we build them. For those of you considering one of our ovens, we shot a video to make your install easier.

Check it out on our You Tube Channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7q7...jSniYogfUra06Q

If the link doesn't work, simply go to You Tube and type Forno Bravo Channel. The video title is How to Set your Forno Bravo Oven Dome Pieces.

Thanks for participating in our Forum. We will have more video content available soon.
See more
See less

concrete countertop sealer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• concrete countertop sealer

Hi, can someone tell me what I should be looking for? I believe I should seal at about 800 grit? Also, are there different levels of gloss available? Could someone give me some indication of what to look for? When I search for sealer I find products recommended for sealing timber ur concrete and I also see PVA and bonding listed. I'm a bit confused!

Thanks

Richard

Re: concrete countertop sealer

I purchased stains and sealers from Concrete Acid Stain, Dyes, Guides and Savvy Techs - Direct Colors Inc. (not sure if they can ship overseas to ireland). I feel for you. I spent many hours trying to figure out the stains and sealers; I knew what I wanted it to look like, but could never figure out how to get there. Very confusing. I started with an acid stain with a lithium sealer/hardener and polished it with carnuba wax. I wasnt happy with it, so you ground it down again, re-stained it, and I used a satin-finish acrylic sealer. It looks very dark brown and I am 80% happy with it. Attached are a couple of photos of my tikibar grill.

800 grit sounds correct. There are differnt levels of gloss. I prefer satin.

I cant be much help...only to pass along advice that was given to me but I chose not to take: "make samples/swatches of concrete and try different things. You can get different effects with different sealers."
    Attached Files

Comment

Re: concrete countertop sealer

Thanks Jeepiper. That's a lovely setup. I'm don't want any stain just a good polished look and waterproof.

Comment

Working...
      X