web analytics
weather seal - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

1 of 3 < >

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum members.

As many may have noticed already, the Community Forum site was briefly down today. While working on scheduled routine maintenance, we encountered an error when trying to add a software update. As the site is now back up and running, some of you may notice that some recent data has been misplaced from November 10th up to today. We are currently working on resolving the issue. The forum has full operational capabilities and we encourage all forum members to continue actively posting in the threads.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this issue may have caused you. The Forno Bravo family values each and every member of our community. If you have any issues or concerns, please feel free to let us know on our issues thread here:

Thank you for understanding.
2 of 3 < >

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
3 of 3 < >

Dome Installation Video - Casa / Premio / Modena

For many of you who bought a modular oven, you may have asked how we put the domes together when we build them. For those of you considering one of our ovens, we shot a video to make your install easier.

Check it out on our You Tube Channel.

If the link doesn't work, simply go to You Tube and type Forno Bravo Channel. The video title is How to Set your Forno Bravo Oven Dome Pieces.

Thanks for participating in our Forum. We will have more video content available soon.
See more
See less

weather seal

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weather seal

I need a sealant to put around where the flue connects to the entry to stop water getting in. What should I use?
    There are plenty of sealants available out there but which one is able to handle very high temperatures.

Re: weather seal

I use Dow Corning 732 black, which is reasonably priced and has a higher temperature rating than the clear equivalent. It does get soft when firing but holds up ok.where mine is located is approx. 300 mm above the oven door. You can get high temperature silicon, but it is about four times the price and contains carcinogens so I haven't used it. Sikafirate is another product, but depending just where it is may not be suitable as it is not for exterior use.
    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.