web analytics
Getting Close to 1st Pizza - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Forum Issues Update

We are continuing to work diligently to resolve the issues currently being experienced with the PhotoPlog. Thank you for your patience!
2 of 2 < >

Dome Installation Video - Casa / Premio / Modena

Hello,

For many of you who bought a modular oven, you may have asked how we put the domes together when we build them. For those of you considering one of our ovens, we shot a video to make your install easier.

Check it out on our You Tube Channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7q7...jSniYogfUra06Q

If the link doesn't work, simply go to You Tube and type Forno Bravo Channel. The video title is How to Set your Forno Bravo Oven Dome Pieces.

Thanks for participating in our Forum. We will have more video content available soon.
See more
See less

Getting Close to 1st Pizza

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Close to 1st Pizza

Hello from the wet again Washington Coast. I will post our build pics as soon as my techno son helps. I would appreciate anyones help on cooking tools, wood vs metal peels, handle length, infared thermometer model etc.

Re: Getting Close to 1st Pizza

We use a 16" perforated aluminum peel to scoop the pizza from the preparation area and put it in the oven, an eight inch turning peel and a wire brush to sweep the oven floor clean after moving the fire to the side. I do have an old fireplace poker that comes in handy while manipulating the fire.

I bought a dozen 12" pizza pans and a few 16" pans that come in handy whatever is cooking in the kitchen. I got an 18" piaea pan that we cook various things in, including a big turkey on occasion. A cast iron dutch oven cooks a roast real well too. HTH
    Last edited by Lburou; 05-23-2012, 04:36 PM.
    Lee B.
    DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.
    Our One Meter Pompeii Oven album is here.
    An album showing our Thermal Breaks is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

Thanks, do you use gloves or are your tools long handled?

Comment

I have a long glove that is seldom used.
        Lee B.
        DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.
        Our One Meter Pompeii Oven album is here.
        An album showing our Thermal Breaks is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

Working...
        X