web analytics
Indoor installation in Canada - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Forum Issues Update

Things are progressing in getting things back in order on the Forum! User avatars should be showing up. Attachment and inline images are in the process of being uploaded. We are still looking for a migration path for the Photoplog gallery. Thank you for your patience!
2 of 2 < >

Dome Installation Video - Casa / Premio / Modena

Hello,

For many of you who bought a modular oven, you may have asked how we put the domes together when we build them. For those of you considering one of our ovens, we shot a video to make your install easier.

Check it out on our You Tube Channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7q7...jSniYogfUra06Q

If the link doesn't work, simply go to You Tube and type Forno Bravo Channel. The video title is How to Set your Forno Bravo Oven Dome Pieces.

Thanks for participating in our Forum. We will have more video content available soon.
See more
See less

Indoor installation in Canada

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indoor installation in Canada

I am an architect in Ottawa working on an indoor installation of a Casa2G90 for a client. We are having difficulty with the Building officials. Has anyone installed a Casa pizza oven in Ontario and received a building permit?

The Building department is saying that it is not tested in Canada, only in the US and that the DuraTech chimney is not tested in Canada for wood burning, again only rated in the US. They want a ULC rating and do not want to accept a UL listing.

Any information and help would be appreciated.

Re: Indoor installation in Canada

This is a continuing problem: UL\ULC. It's caused me no end of grief in the past with interior installs. Some jurisdictions are much more difficult than others, despite the fact that codes are supposed to be universal. Basically, without ULC, you're out of luck. I suspect, however, that Duratech does have ULC compliance. Still, there MAY be a way around this. Suggest you send me a message at info@marygbread.com, and we can set up a phone call.

CJ
    "Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827

Comment

Working...
    X