web analytics
Brick cutting tip - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Forum Issues Update

Things are progressing in getting things back in order on the Forum! User avatars should be showing up. Attachment and inline images are in the process of being uploaded. We are still looking for a migration path for the Photoplog gallery. Thank you for your patience!
2 of 2 < >

Dome Installation Video - Casa / Premio / Modena

Hello,

For many of you who bought a modular oven, you may have asked how we put the domes together when we build them. For those of you considering one of our ovens, we shot a video to make your install easier.

Check it out on our You Tube Channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7q7...jSniYogfUra06Q

If the link doesn't work, simply go to You Tube and type Forno Bravo Channel. The video title is How to Set your Forno Bravo Oven Dome Pieces.

Thanks for participating in our Forum. We will have more video content available soon.
See more
See less

Brick cutting tip

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brick cutting tip

Here's a brick cutting tip I used on my storage arch:

When you're setting up an arch with only one row of bricks (facing bricks) and you want the look of 2 mini bricks between full bricks, just cut your full brick in half on one side, with the cut being the width of the mortar gap you intend to use. That way you are still setting up a full brick, but once you fill in the gap with mortar, it looks like 2 half bricks.

Easy "cheat" for the proper 1-2-1 brick look, but it only works on archs with facing bricks that are one brick in depth.

This works great for storage archs as well as oven archs where you're setting up a facing brick arch only!
    Attached Files

Re: Brick cutting tip

You really only need to cut it to a depth of 3/8".

Comment

True. It was just easier for me to cut it all the way through with my wet saw. But yes, 3/8" depth is pretty much all you need.

aceves

Comment

Cool tip... thanks

Comment

Working...
        X