web analytics
essential tool.. dome guage - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Forum Issues Update

We are continuing to work diligently to resolve the issues currently being experienced with the PhotoPlog. Thank you for your patience!
2 of 2 < >

Dome Installation Video - Casa / Premio / Modena

Hello,

For many of you who bought a modular oven, you may have asked how we put the domes together when we build them. For those of you considering one of our ovens, we shot a video to make your install easier.

Check it out on our You Tube Channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7q7...jSniYogfUra06Q

If the link doesn't work, simply go to You Tube and type Forno Bravo Channel. The video title is How to Set your Forno Bravo Oven Dome Pieces.

Thanks for participating in our Forum. We will have more video content available soon.
See more
See less

essential tool.. dome guage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• essential tool.. dome guage

Making a 42" diam oven, want the max height of dome to be 18". Therefore I need a variable length guage starting at 21" and gradually reducing 3" to 18". I have seen the pictures; do not have a welder; how do i attach an adjustable bolt ( 3") to the arm (wood)? any plans for making this tool? I plan to pivot the arm on a hinge. Any problems with that?
    thank you,
    Victor C

Re: essential tool.. dome guage

Hi Victorsee,

I used a hinge and a piece of all-thread rod for my I.T. Look at photos of oven #2. View as a "slide show". You will see several photos of the tool in the oven. You'll get an idea from that.

Best,
    Bob

Here is the link to my oven number 1 construction photos!

Here is the link to my oven number 2 construction photos!

Comment

I used a castor and removed the wheel and drilled out a new pivot point. Then attached all thread to a turn buckle. I don't know if you will get 3 inches, but you could use 2 turn buckles. You can see pictures in mu build thread at: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/3...tml#post116854

Hope that helps.

Chris

Comment

Chris and Bob, both creatove and simple ideas... even i might be able to replicate! This is fun, your help much appreciated,
        Victor C

Comment

Working...
        X