web analytics
the indispensable Tool - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Photo Galleries are back! Instructions below.

Dear forum users,
Thank you for your patience with the Photo galleries. We've got your galleries online!
We have finished writing a custom script to migrate the PhotoPlog to vBulletin5’s albums.

Unfortunately V-Bulletin killed the "Photoplogs" in their software upgrade which was unforeseen and we're the first development group to have written a script for getting the galleries back... that said, it took some time to reverse engineer the code and get the albums to move over seamlessly!

Forum users will be able to access their “PhotoPlog” images through their user profile page by clicking on the “Media” tab.
They will also be able to browse other albums by going to the albums page. (On the forum site, there is a link in the black bar beside “Forums” to the albums.)

In order for users to create an album please follow the steps below.
1) Go to user profile page and click “Media”
2) Click Add Photos
3) Enter Photo Gallery Title in the first field
4) Click Upload or Select from Photo Album to add photos
5) Click Post
6) Once posted, the album will be created as a “Topic” on the albums page for the public to see. The topic title will be the “Photo Gallery Title” they created before uploading their photos.

To create this migration path we used vBulletin5’s default album structure. Unfortunately, it won’t work like the “PhotoPlog” but is an album/gallery component on the forum now.
2 of 2 < >

Dome Installation Video - Casa / Premio / Modena

Hello,

For many of you who bought a modular oven, you may have asked how we put the domes together when we build them. For those of you considering one of our ovens, we shot a video to make your install easier.

Check it out on our You Tube Channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7q7...jSniYogfUra06Q

If the link doesn't work, simply go to You Tube and type Forno Bravo Channel. The video title is How to Set your Forno Bravo Oven Dome Pieces.

Thanks for participating in our Forum. We will have more video content available soon.
See more
See less

the indispensable Tool

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the indispensable Tool

Hi all,
    Looking for the design of the indispensable Tool or if someone has one willing to sell?
    Thank you,
    Rob

Re: the indispensable Tool

There are a wealth of these designs. Mine, alas is long gone. The short of my design was a small caster with the wheel removed and a rod replacing it. The rod ran long and a 2.5 inch piece of angle iron was attached to the rod to limit the inner face of the dome bricks. I didn't use a clamp and a wood rod and block could replace the metal rod and angle iron. Look at Hendo's info. at
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...heme-2985.html
    and
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...idea-2573.html

Hendo is no longer with us, but I think he's the one that figured the tool out moving from the string as the tool that defines the inner dome. jcg31 has very helpfull info in his thread, a significant contributor that you should also find helpfull.

What I did is on post 25, but I don't have a tight shot for you in these photos.

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/8/sc...ld-7035-3.html

Chris
    Last edited by SCChris; 06-04-2011, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Hi welshb2,

I have a indispensable tool that I'll send you for the cost of postage and a box.

View my oven link #2 for a couple of photo of it.

Cheers,
      Bob

Here is the link to my oven number 1 construction photos!

Here is the link to my oven number 2 construction photos!

Comment

Bob,
        Sounds good to me. Send it on.

Rob Welsh
        2561 Starbuck Rd.
        Rescue, CA 95672

Let me know what I owe you and I'll send you a check. I'm not in much of a hurry as not ready for using it before June 20.
        Thank you very much.
        Rob

Comment

Hi Rob,

Check your private messages for my contact information.

Cheers,

Bob
          Bob

Comment

Originally posted by welshb2 View Post
            Bob,
            Sounds good to me. Send it on.

Rob Welsh
            2561 Starbuck Rd.
            Rescue, CA 95672

Let me know what I owe you and I'll send you a check. I'm not in much of a hurry as not ready for using it before June 20.
            Thank you very much.
            Rob
            Hey Rob - you're only a few minutes up the hill from me in Foslom.

Here's the tool I built - cost me around $5 and has worked great. A small gate hinge, strip of birch and a Simpson Strongtie bracket.

I'm a course or so from closing my dome. Good luck with your build.

Comment

sounds good! could i come and see your WFO project AND the IT?? would really help my WFO build.
              Thank you,
              ROb

Comment

Hi Rob,

Sure, come on over. We'll talk via regular email to set it up.

Cheers,
                Bob

Comment

Rob -

Don't know if you're headed to Arizona or if you wanted to head down the hill to Folsom to see what I'm doing.

I'll be working on it this weekend - probably Sunday - you're welcome to stop by. You can check out my thread in the Pompeii forum to see the project.

Thanks
                  Dan

Comment

Working...
                  X