web analytics
building oven on trailer - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Forum Issues Update

We are continuing to work diligently to resolve the issues currently being experienced with the PhotoPlog. Thank you for your patience!
2 of 2 < >

Dome Installation Video - Casa / Premio / Modena

Hello,

For many of you who bought a modular oven, you may have asked how we put the domes together when we build them. For those of you considering one of our ovens, we shot a video to make your install easier.

Check it out on our You Tube Channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7q7...jSniYogfUra06Q

If the link doesn't work, simply go to You Tube and type Forno Bravo Channel. The video title is How to Set your Forno Bravo Oven Dome Pieces.

Thanks for participating in our Forum. We will have more video content available soon.
See more
See less

building oven on trailer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• building oven on trailer

I am putting my new Casa2G oven together on a trailer with plenty of capacity. I need to raise the level of the foundation on which the oven will be built in a way that keeps it from moving around too much when moving. I am considering 6x6's on the trailer bed under the insulated oven foundation and floor. Any suggestions/ideas on this or in general?

Re: building oven on trailer

There are threads concerning trailering these ovens, do a search.

Myself, I'd take it to a steel fabricator and have him make a custom base with supports built-in. Also you need enough suspension to handle the weight of the oven when yo hit a pot hole. HTH
    Lee B.
    DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.
    Our One Meter Pompeii Oven album is here.
    An album showing our Thermal Breaks is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

I did a few searches but couldn't find the answer, what do you think will hold the thing together?

Comment

My mobile sits in a steel cradle which in turn sits on a wooden trolley on 6 wheels. The steel cradle is secured to the trailer with chains and turnbuckles. Works for me, but my oven is less than 200kg. I pinched the weight from everywhere possible.
        Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

There's a local company here in Sacramento that has a FB WFO on a trailer. I talked with him at a local farmer's market - and he told me that the guy who built his trailer is in Denver (I think). It rotates 90 Degrees so he can cook from the side. It's got quite a few miles on it - and the roads in Norther California stink.

Here is his oven on a trailer:

His website:

The Pizza Company Home

The owner, Michael Johnson, was apparently a Chef at the FB Expo 2011.

Comment

I can't figure out how to hold the segments together safely

Comment

Neither could I, that's why I cast it in one piece.
              Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

I think a steel banding machine would hold the segments together safely and strong but i just can't figure out how to secure my oven to the trailer?????????

Comment

Working...
                X