web analytics
Oven entry - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

We are continuing to work diligently to resolve the issues currently being experienced with the PhotoPlog. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

Oven entry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oven entry

I have a solid piece of 1 1/4 inch granite left over from my kitchen and i would like to know if i can use it in front of the oven opening. It would actually be in front of the ash drop. How hot does that area get?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by njsicilian; 08-24-2006, 09:10 AM.

Not too hot

The front landing does not get too hot, and you can definitely use granite there. I have granite in front of one oven and I like it. It's easy to clean and nice and smooth. No seams to worry about.

James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Not granite, precisely...
      Not problems with temperature or at all.
      Attached Files

Comment

Nice work Luis

Luis, what is the material? By the way, I love the look of your oven. I like the stacked brick thing. Very cool! I really like the statuary as well, it is very chic.
        Chad
        Last edited by janprimus; 08-24-2006, 12:00 PM. Reason: addition
        Renaissance Man
        Wholly Man

Comment

Reptile

The shell is sorta' reptilian, perhaps an armadillo. Very cool! Is the statuary from the islands? Really reminds me of my childhood in Brasil.

Comment

Marble and such

In front of the ash drop I used an inch and half thick piece of square cut sedimentary limestone, called Owen Sound Ledgerock here. It's the kind of stuff used for patios, and I've laid a lot them. This was a leftover from a large job. Works great, doesn't get that hot, more like warm. Even so, I stuck it down with refractory mortar.

Jim
            "Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827

Comment

Working...
            X