web analytics
Landing temp break? - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

Things are progressing in getting things back in order on the Forum! User avatars should be showing up. Attachment and inline images are in the process of being uploaded. We are still looking for a migration path for the Photoplog gallery. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

Landing temp break?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Landing temp break?

I see that the oven floor extends out to the landing. What are you guys using as a "thermal break" between the floor and the landing?

I am probably going to install a tile landing to match the tile counter for my gas grill island. so, I was thinking about a small scrap of iso with some sort of perlcrete or insulating concrete on top to cover up the iso and fill the 1/2-1" gap.

Any comments?

Thanks,
    Wade
    Wade Lively

I don't think anyone has insulated this edge of the floor. I was planning to leave the entire oven opening un-mortared at the front between the refractory landing and the decorative masonry outside to adjust for variable thermal expansion.

I also thought about using a thin strip of that mineral wool insulation that they sell in rolls for weatherstripping, to provide the same sort of slip-plane but without the danger of smoke leaks.
    My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

Working...
    X