web analytics
Used fire brick - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

1 of 2 < >

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum members.

As many may have noticed already, the Community Forum site was briefly down today. While working on scheduled routine maintenance, we encountered an error when trying to add a software update. As the site is now back up and running, some of you may notice that some recent data has been misplaced from November 10th up to today. We are currently working on resolving the issue. The forum has full operational capabilities and we encourage all forum members to continue actively posting in the threads.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this issue may have caused you. The Forno Bravo family values each and every member of our community. If you have any issues or concerns, please feel free to let us know on our issues thread here:

Thank you for understanding.
2 of 2 < >

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

Used fire brick

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used fire brick

I think I have a source for some used fire brick (old pottery kiln), however, another friend told me that used FB is harder to cut than new. Thought I'd put this rumor to the test here :-) Anyone here have experience with this? Thanks,

Re: Used fire brick

Hi Pdiff,
    I built my 40" Pompeii over 2 weekends using second hand fire bricks and there is no truth that they are harder to cut.
    The only bricks that I found very difficult to cut even with a commercial 14" diamond blade brick saw were the sample high temperature bricks that were amongst the 200 that I purchased were like cutting blocks of steel.
    These bricks are easily identifiable by their heavier than normal weight.
    I think you have been mislead by a misinformed contact.

Prevention is better than cure, - do it right the first time!

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neillís Pompeiii #1
    Neillís kitchen underway

Re: Used fire brick

Thanks Niell. He wasn't trying to mislead :-) He had heard it second hand from someone who had built an oven here locally using used brick. I hope to see that work and talk with that person myself soon. At any rate, I can get some samples of this used brick before I start this spring and judge things myself. Good to get the voice of experience here first, though.
      Thanks again,