web analytics
Flue Liner - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

Flue Liner

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flue Liner

I am using a taracotta flue liner. When I put the roof on what do I use to put around the liner? Do I have to put anything? This is my first oven, I will be posting pictures soon, I am having a great time doing this on my own. Please let me know about the liner

Re: Flue Liner

I ran into a similar issue when I ran my terracotta flue pipe through the roof on my oven.

Not sure I took the easiset route, but it seems to be working well for me.

I took some of the ceramic iblanket scraps I had left and wrapped it around the flue tile where it passed through the roof. I have at least a 3 inch gap between the flue and the metal studs used to support the roof. I do not have any combustibles in my enclosure construction until it comes to the rubber membrane roof.

I made roughly a 5 inch frame of the iso board around the flue and attached it with construction adhesive around the outside edge only. I smeared hi temp silicone on all the cracks.

Over that I installed my rubber membrane roof, careful to keep it 3 inches or more away from the flue tile.

I then made a small form 1 inch larger in all dimensions than the ceramic isoboard curb, wrapped a piece of cardboard around the flue tile to leave an expansion gap and poured a chimney cap. Since it was rather thin, I used fiberglass reinforced stucco mix and threw in a shovel full of gravel.

After it cured I pulled the cardboard out from between the flue and the cap and sealed the gap with hi temp silicone. I painted the flue and the cap with black paint when I was done per the picture below.

Good luck!
    Attached Files
    My oven progress -