web analytics
Forno Bravo oven directions - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

Forno Bravo oven directions

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forno Bravo oven directions

I am in the process of planning the size of my pad to accomdate my 35" corner installation oven. So I am looking at the plans (one of the pages shown below) and the numbers don't make sense to me. According to my calculations, a 35" inside diameter oven should be 54" outside with brick, insulfrax and vermiculite insulation (p. 14). In the diagram it shows 40" side-to-side and 45" front-to-back. It also shows a 24" front opening width where instructions several pages before that say 18" (36" oven). Am I missing something here or are the directions off? Space is at a premium on my patio for the pad, but I sure don't want to make it too small either!
    Attached Files

Re: Forno Bravo oven directions

Hey Pizza,

This drawing is for the outside dimensions of the Casa90, and there are some differences between that oven and a Pompeii Oven. The Casa series has the vent walls built into the oven itself -- which is why the exterior dimension of the vent landing area is wider. Also, the walls of the Casa ovens are a little thinner than the 4.5" half brick that many builders use for the Pompeii dome.

Does that help?

Also, if space is a premium, I always think it is best to do everything you can to maximize oven space any way you can. A couple of inches really matters inside the oven when you are cooking -- though a couple of inches outside on your patio is less important.

Plus, you can wrap your oven with 3" of Insulfrax to thin out the insulation layer and still have a well-insulated oven; and you can cut your bricks down to around 3". Those will both get you more oven space in the same footprint.

Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Re: Forno Bravo oven directions

Ahhhh, yes that does clear it up, thanks!