web analytics
Heads up - almost free refractory flue tile in OH - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

We are continuing to work diligently to resolve the issues currently being experienced with the PhotoPlog. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

Heads up - almost free refractory flue tile in OH

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heads up - almost free refractory flue tile in OH

An ebay item - too heavy and fragile to ship but for you in the mid-west how can you go wrong at a buck a pop?

Ebay 290125366748
    My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Re: Heads up - almost free refractory flue tile in OH

That's cheap, although I "only" paid $10 apiece and only used 4 tiles.

The $36 I could have saved would have taken me about 150 miles in the wife's Suburban with the current price of gas.

(Mrs. JC has a Suburban not because we hate the environment, but because 3 kids 1 dog and their crud takes up a lot of space. And thank goodness, a mini-van just isn't a very good tow vehicle when you need to rent a concrete mixer!!)
    - JC

Comment

Anyone know how tall flue tiles get? Great find DMUN, the kind of place a junker like me salivates over, and most people drive by without a second glance..

Comment

They are uniformly (at least in the US) 24 inches. That's close to exact because they use only a dab of refractory mortar between them.
        My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

These could be cut up to build a geo dome at a very low cost.

Comment

Working...
          X